Saturday, October 1, 2011

Crossroads

So many times in our lives, we come to a point when we are in a crossroad.  We turn to left left, turn to the right, look forward or look back.  Indeed, undecided. 

Events happen that makes us confused and bewildered of what actions to take.  Whether we move on or just go back.  I've been in a lot of crossroads in my life, there those that I dared to cross forward and there those that I just turned back and succumbed to fear.  Yes, fear paralyzes even the bravest, the richest, the most popular or even the most powerful person on earth.  Fear of rejection, fear of betrayal, fear of being ridiculed and laughed at, fear of not being loved in return, fear getting hurt, fear of failure, fear of losing our loved ones...the list is long.  As I recall, there are a lot of things that I should have done but I did not because of my fears.  Some of them I regret and keeps me asking "What if?". What if I crossed the road.  What is in the other side?  Would I be happier now if did that? However, there are times that in spite of my fears, discouragement from other people and challenges, I moved on and close  my eyes and let God's hand take the wheel in my life.  And I'm glad I did, because now I know that after overcoming fear and strong faith is unmeasurable fulfillment and real joy.

I believe everything happens for a reason and God has His plans for me.  I know that when I am in a crossroad, He is there is guide me which road to take...

No comments:

Post a Comment